Saturday 27 August 2011

What a Night...

All pictures taken by me

So on Thursday night I attended a wonderful event called rack to rack. It was an amazing evening and the beautiful stylist Rachel Matthews Burton was so sweet and full of great tips and advice. I was fortunate enough to have won a ticket to this event from the beautiful Kelly from her blog It's D'or and I can't thank her enough for such an amazing oppurtunity. The evening was spent in a comfy and well designed room filled with great clothing, food and drinks. I'm going to fill you in on what I learned that night. So some fall trends to look for is colour, any darker more fall colour such as a plum purple, royal blues, reds, mustard and coral are great for any fall piece. Another thing to look for is luxurious textures such as snake skin,furs, lace, and leather which can bring a fun new element to your fall wardrobe. You can totally change an outfits apperance by how you style it, if you do it right you shouldn't have to buy expensive pieces for an outfit to look expensive. Also if your going to add a statement piece to your outfit, limit it to one because you don't want your outfit to look to busy and you want one main focal point. The 50's and 70's will make a bigger apperence this season with different prints and textures such as polka dots, flared jeans, pencil skirts, bow-tie blouses and oxford shoes. While having print on your clothing is great watch the scale as it needs to be equal to your body size. If you add bulk to your top you want you bottoms to be tight fitting and vise-versa.That is a quick summary of all the amazing tips and trick I learned and I thoroughly enjoyed the evening. I hope to attend the next funshop and hope to see any followers there.

Just a quick peek at what I wore to the funshop!






Dress-TNA
Shoes-Anne Klein
Necklace-Forever 21
Clutch-H&M
Rings-Unknow

Unfortunatley I left my camera at home so I don't have any pictures from the event!
I hope you all are enjoying your weekend



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...